Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation
The Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI) was initiated by the European Commission in 2015, with the aim to strengthen the dialogue and interaction among Internet of Things (IoT) players in Europe, and to contribute to the creation of a dynamic European IoT ecosystem to speed up the take up of IoT. Other objectives of the Alliance include: fostering experimentation, replication, and deployment of IoT and supporting convergence and interoperability of IoT standards; gathering evidence on market obstacles for IoT deployment; and mapping and bridging global, EU, and member states' IoT innovation activities.
Who are the AIOTI?
We are an inclusive body. Members of the Alliance include key IoT industrial players – large companies, successful SMEs and dynamic startups – as well as well-known European research centres, universities, associations and public bodies.
How are we structured?
Most of the AIOTI activities are carried out through Working Groups, which focus on well-defined areas of development. These include vertical Working Groups in research and innovation, policy issues and proposed standards, as well as horizontal, cross-disciplinary activities focused on hot topics in the field.
The AIOTI belongs to you
An active Alliance community benefits all. We welcome membership input on any and all issues – from internal governance to future work streams of most value to the members.
What we have been doing
In October 2015, the Alliance published 12 reports covering IoT policy and standards issues. We provided detailed recommendations for future collaborations in the Internet of Things Focus Area of the 2016-2017 Horizon 2020 programme.
Wiki Mapping Initiative
Wiki Mapping IoT is an initiative to set up a means of organized information sharing between several actors in the Internet of Things sector.
Our objectives are primarily to develop a database to identify the full range of IoT-related technologies, and map for identify contributions by geographic area.
- Dutch Optics Centre (DOC)
- ICT HUB
- Images and networks
- TECHTERA: Increasing the competitivity of enterprises for collaboratie innovation
- Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
- INNOVATION HUB
- Institute of Electron Technology (ITE)
- Internet of Things-SmartSantander IoT-SmartSantander
- IoT Poland Foundation Hub
- Laboratory of ideas - iDEAlab
- Navarra Region Digital Manufacturing Innovation HUB. NAVARDMIHub
- Secured communicating solutions
- Sirris Hub/smart product
- Smart Data Innovation Lab
- Smart Industry Centre (SmartIC)
- Styrian Technology Park
- TeraLab : Big Data Platform for Research Project MIDIH Manufacturing Industry DIH (IoT and Cybersecurity)
- 5G environment for innovations purposes